Production has started on Netflix That 90s showa sequel to the fan-favorite sitcom That 70s show. Debra Jo Rupp and Kurtwood Smith, who reprise their roles as Red and Kitty Forman, both took to social media to share behind-the-scenes photos with the two actors sharing script shots from the show’s pilot episode. “Back. Same but different. So much fun,” Rupp wrote in his post while Kurtwood captioned his photo “…what’s in my old 70s Show chair?” You can check them out below.
Back😄 The same but different. So much fun🤣 pic.twitter.com/YbytQS90AR
— Debra Jo Rupp (@DJRupp) February 4, 2022
Earlier this week, Netflix revealed the full cast of That 90s show. The series will follow Leia Forman, Eric and Donna’s daughter, who spends much of the summer with her grandparents. Rupp and Smith’s return was announced when the series was announced last year. They are also executive producers of the series created by Gregg Mettler, Bonnie Turner, Terry Turner and Lindsey Turner.
That 90s show will star Callie Haverda, Ashley Aufderheide, Mace Coronel, Maxwell Acee Donovan, Reyn Doi and Sam Morelos. You can check out the series’ cast breakdown for yourself below.
- Ashley Aufderheide (she she ; Emergence, Four children, and that) like gwen. Life becomes more interesting for Leia when she meets this Riot Grrrl. Equal parts loyalty, rebellion, and heart, Gwen is a dynamic powerhouse and the unofficial leader of Point Place’s new generation of children. I love Gwen. Fear her. Am here.
- Callie Haverda (she she ; The lost husband, Close your eyes) as Leia Forman. Smart like her mother, sly like her father, Leia craves adventure. She just doesn’t know where or how to start. Until she discovers a best friend in the most unlikely place: next to her grandparents’ house in Point Place.
- Coronel mass (he she ; Poached, Wireless, Quail in black and white) like Jay. Jay is charming and flirty – at least he tries. It doesn’t always come out well. When he’s not hanging out with his best friend Nate or working at the local video store, he’s armed with a video camera and the whole world is his film set.
- Maxwell Acee Donovan (he she ; Gabby Duran and the Unstables) like Nate. At the antipodes of his little sister, Gwen. Nate takes life as it comes, usually with a big, open smile. He lets the gang get in his van because there’s always something fun across the aisle. He loves his family, his girlfriend and Garth Brooks.
- Reyn Doi (he she ; Barb and Star go to Vista Del Mar, side hustle, Theater club) like ozzie. Everyone loves them a little Ozzie. He is insightful, sarcastic, and has a perspective beyond his years. Ozzie is gay and impatient with the world for not being as tolerant as his friends.
- Sam Morelos (she she) like Nikki. Nikki is focused, smart and driven. From the outside, it was easy to see her becoming a doctor or a lawyer. But on the inside, she’s got more rebellion than a frustrated newbie, and her boyfriend Nate can scratch that itch.
That 70s show originally aired on Fox from 1998 to 2006. In addition to Rupp and Smith, the series starred Topher Grace, Mila Kunis, Ashton Kutcher, Danny Masterson, Laura Prepon, Wilmer Valderrama and Lisa Robin Kelly. That 90s show will be the second spin-off in the series which also spawned the short-lived That 80s show in 2002.
Are you excited for That 90s show? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.